Who are we
Obital is a software company that develops eye tracking for mobile devices. Our website address is: https://obital.io.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The website uses “cookies”, which is a text file that is stored on your computer, mobile or similarly, for the purpose of recognizing it, remembering settings, performing statistics and targeting ads. Cookies cannot contain malicious code such as virus.
It is possible to delete or block cookies. See instructions for more information.
Deleting or blocking cookies will make ads less relevant to you and more frequent. You can also risk that the website does not work optimally and that there are content that you cannot access. Our website contains third party cookies from Google Analytics.
Using Google Analytics, we measure:
- Website Traffic
- Time spent
- User Flow
- Traffic Sources
- Demographics: Including age and gender
- Interests: Including affiliation categories and market segments
- Geography: Including language and location
- Behaviour on the website: Including return, frequency, timeliness and commitment
- Technology: Including browser, operating system and service provider
- Smartphone / Tablet: Includes manufacturer and model
If you want to opt out of Google Analytics tracking as a user, you can download Google’s “Opt-out Browser Add-on” by clicking here. To learn more about Google’s and Google Analytics’ privacy policies, click here.
App data – Obital Eye Tracking
This section covers how we process your data in the app Obital Eye Tracking (App). All personal information generated by or entered into the App is stored locally and / or temporarily on your device, and we can under no circumstances access or share it.
- For iOS devices with support for FaceID, we use the TrueDepth camera to enable eye tracking interaction in our services.
- If you are using any of our Services that process biometric data, for example eye tracking or facial recognition, you will be explicitly prompted for consent to share upon activating those capabilities for the first time.
- Currently, no personal face data is collected or stored off the device being used.
- When using an Apple product for face and eye tracking, it is purely used to enable eye tracking interaction in the app.
- The face and eye information provided by the TrueDepth camera includes screen coordinates to determine which button to highlight and to select. We do not collect or store your FaceData; therefore, do not share or disclose this data to any third parties.
- Apple automatically collects general data about your use of the App. This includes
The information is stored for the time allowed by law and we delete them when they are no longer required. Data collected through Google Analytics is stored for 2 years.
Embedded content from other sites
Articles on this site may contain embedded content (such as videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other sites behaves in exactly the same way as if the visitor visited the other site.
Disclosure of Information
Data about your use of the website, which pages you visit, geographical location, gender and age segment etc. is disclosed to third parties to the extent that this information is known. You can see which third parties are in the “Cookies” section above. The information is primarily used for statistics.
Insight and complaints
You have the right to know what personal information we are processing about you. You can also object to information being used at any time. If the information processed about you is incorrect, you have the right to be corrected or deleted. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to complain about our processing of your personal data, you also have the opportunity to contact your local Data Inspectorate.
The website is managed by