👉 Value of vision tests with eye tracking¶
What value does online vision tests with eye tracking have?¶
- Screen distance: no physical measurement tape and/or input of shoe size needed
- Pupillary distance: no physical measurement of space between one’s eyes
- Mental status: incorporated examination of impairment of alcohol and/or drugs with indicators from smooth pursuit Eye tracking terms
- Calibration: an instant and holistic experience as no additional calibration is needed
- Measurements: possible to evaluate both eyes at the same time depending on the task itself
- Movements: detection of abnormalities in head movements during the test session
- Screening: more examinations can be carried out done in the same span of time
- Progression: as eye tracking makes pre-examination more comprehensive, it is the assumption that it will ensure more early detection of vision impairment
- Ratio of eyelid blinking: this could possibly be a sign of irritation, red eyes, level of concentration, or to determine the need of contact lenses fluid, etc.
- Propriety: as eye tracking can enhance online vision tests significantly, it is the assumption that more proper referrals can be made as "top-of-the-funnel"-screening is expanded
- Opportunity costs: the costs associated with the phase of diagnosis (across the healthcare sector) has increased and can be an element of distraction for other opportunities
- Clenched eyes: does the user have trouble allocating certain objects as indicated by one or more clenched eyes, a recommendation can be made
- Eyeglass detection: eye tracking can automatically detect whether or not the user is wearing glasses delimiting the need for an extra “screen” to ask for this very question
- Motility: eye tracking can effectively and objectively detect a person’s ability to trace a moving stimulus
- Fixation: eye tracking can effectively and objectively detect a person’s ability to keep eyesight on a visual stimulus
- Acuity: eye tracking can effectively and objectively detect a person’s ability to recognize a character and/or a symbol of a given size
- Contrast sensitivity: eye tracking can effectively and objectively detect the impact of a presented level of a contrast on a person’s visual ability
- Behavioral Analytics: eye tracking will deepen the insights and use of the product itself giving the opportunity to further enhance the customer experience to get better reviews and to become better at marketing products
- Age determination: as the pupillary distance can be accurately measured in accordance with the screen distance, it is possible to indicate the user's age, especially relevant for children. Hypothetically, this could be combine with facial recognition to give an even better estimation of age interval.
Having more ideas that you want to explore? Feel free to Get in contact to establish clarity.